Question Answer Session

Question Answer Session with Baba Ji
Date:  Wednesday, 24 July 2013, 5:00 PM
Place: Hong Kong
Disciple: My son asked me if we’ll get Prasad today. What should I tell him?
Babaji: Beta, every breath we take is Prasad of God. Prasad is not only pieces of mishri. Prasad is every single thing that God has given us. Prasad is every single thing that God has created. Now tell me, what is it that God has not created? Everything is Prasad. We just need to value it.
Disciple: I’m unable to concentrate more than a few minutes?
Babaji: Today everyone likes to do ten different things at a time, and we struggle to focus on one thing, if we have to. Would you like it, if I look in ten different directions while talking to you? The key is practice. If a kid says he can’t focus in school for more than a few minutes, would you ask him to come home after those many minutes? You’d encourage him  to focus harder and longer.
Disciple: I lost my father recently. Why did you take him away?
Babaji: Beta, I understand how tough it is for you and your family. However, we’re so selfish that we’re thinking only about ourselves. What we should respect is that his karmic sufferings from this birth had come to an end, and the creator has called him back. Please console your family and be supportive of their sentiments, yet encourage them to draw strength from faith in God. God only gives you what you’re capable of handling.
Disciple:  How do we have a positive attitude?
Babaji: Make peace and come to terms with yourself. Forgive who’ve hurt you. Try to notice the positive in everyone, and everything around. Wish the best for everyone around. Wish happiness and well-being for everyone around.
Disciple: When I sit for meditation, I hear the “sound” in a few minutes. Should I stop meditating when I reach that point?
Babaji: The whole idea of meditation is to hear the “sound”. However, you don’t have to stop when you hear it. You have to continue the process, and you’ll feel it getting louder.
Disciple: I’m increasingly indulging in meditation, to the extent that I feel I’m losing interest in worldly pleasures and attachments.
Babaji: You said it right – you’re “feeling” it. It’s just your feeling. Your mind is telling you that, and the reality could be different.  However, the key is to have a healthy balance. If you go to any extreme, you’re only going to hurt yourself. So go out, have fun, laugh, pull each other’s legs – I do it all the time.
Disciple: What is the difference between a non-initiate who is honest, doesn’t consume alcohol, is vegetarian, is high on conscience AND an initiate who is dishonest and is low on conscience?
Babaji: No difference. Getting initiated is like getting admitted in the school. That doesn’t make you a graduate. Most of us are mistaken thinking that being initiated wipes off all our sins. The word “initiate” itself means “the beginning”, it’s not a conclusion of a sin-free life. Unless your actions reflect the true values, initiation doesn’t help.
Radha Soami Ji